SportUpside Limited (We Us Our SportUpside) is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08680728 with its registered office at 10 Heath Drive, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom, SM2 5RP. Personal information collected by Us in the UK may be transferred outside the UK.
This policy (together with Our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting www.sportupside.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is SportUpside Limited (Company number: 08680728) of 10 Heath Drive, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom, SM2 5RP.
The term “personal information” as used throughout this policy, refers to the meaning of “personal data” under the Act. Defined terms used in this policy have the same meaning as terms defined in Our Terms and Conditions.
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give Us. You may give Us information about you by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register as a Registered User on Our Website, mobile Application or Platform, enter into forms or data fields on Our Website, Application or Platform, enquire about Our Services, participate in blog discussion boards or other social media functions on Our Website, Applications or Platform, subscribe to a thread on Our blog, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with Our Website, Application or Platform. Such information may include, but not limited to, contact information (such as your name, surname, residential address, e-mail address and telephone number), date of birth, gender, professional credential, employment details, sports groups information, family details and information relevant to your sporting activities.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Website We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your geographic location; the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your Device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from Our Website (including date and time); Services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
Information We collect from children under 13 years of age. Any personal data that We collect from children under 13 years old is restricted to that necessary to enable the child to register an Account with Us temporarily and to provide Us with his Parent’s (or guardian’s) contact details for the purpose of obtaining Parental Consent. We will only collect any other personal information from children under 13 years old for the purpose of registration after the explicit and verifiable consent of the child’s Parent (or guardian) is received by Us. We will not ask a child to provide personal data about any third party (except for parents’ contact details for the purpose of obtaining Parental Consent) and We will not disclose or transfer personal data collected from children to third parties without the explicit and verifiable consent of the child’s Parent (or guardian).
Information We receive from public and third party sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, contractors, suppliers, business partners, technical, payment and advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and others) and may receive information about you from them to verify your identity and eligibility for Our Services. We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide and assist Us in delivering Our Services to you;
- to undertake age verification checks to confirm your eligibility for Our Services;
- to maintain Our own records accurate and up-to-date;
- to support and manage Our employees and contractors;
- to analyse and identify additional services you might be interested in;
- to provide you with information about other services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to Our Services;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing Registered User (and provided you are over 13 years old), We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services which are appropriate for your age group and which We think you may find interesting. Where We permit selected third parties to use your data, they will contact you by electronic means only if you are over 13 years old and only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, you may indicate your preference to stop receiving further communications from Us (or selected third parties) by “opting-out” via the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication you receive.
- to ensure that content on Our Website, Application or Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- to administer Our Website, Application or Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Our efforts to keep Our Website, Application or Platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We will always seek Parental Consent if We use information obtained from children under 13 years of age and if Our use of information about a child is likely to result in:
- disclosure of a child’s name and address to a third party;
- use of a child’s contact details for marketing purposes;
- publication of a child’s contact details publicly available; or
- the collection of personal data about third parties (excluding parents’ contact details for the purpose of obtaining Parental Consent).
- Session based cookies which expire at the end of a browser session, which is when you exit the browser. They allow Us to link your actions during a single browser session and allow you to use Our Website, Application or Platform most efficiently.
- Analytical/performance cookies which allow Us to count the number of visitors to Our Website, Application or Platform and see how they are navigated. This information allows Us to improve the way Our Website, Application and Platform work.
- Functionality cookies which enable you to personalise the content of Our Website, Application or Platform and allow them to remember your preferences and, where relevant, your ID/login details.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our site.
For further information on cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you;
- Companies which help Us run, improve and deliver Our products and Services;
- Advertising networks, analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Website;
- Organisations which help Us validate users’ information and prevent debt, fraud, theft or loss; and
- Regulatory bodies if We are required by law to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if SportUpside Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SportUpside Limited, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK, including but not limited to the Czech Republic.
If you purchase any of Our Premium Services any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you a password which enables you to access your Account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website, Application or Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating your preference to stop receiving further communications from Us (or selected third parties) by “opting-out” via the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication you receive. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer, details of which can be found below.
Our Website, Application and Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that all personal data relating to you and held by Us be permanently erased from Our systems and not processed further. This does not include data which must be kept by Us for statutory purposes.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
If you have any questions about this policy or Our information practices, you may contact Us at the address below. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns you may have regarding access to personal information about you collected by Us.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
The Privacy Officer
10 Heath Drive
Last updated: 28th January 2016